Councillor Dan Hayes Wagga Wagga City Council
Councillor Kerry Pascoe Wagga Wagga City Council
Elton Passini Qantaslink
Warrick Lodge Regional Express
Dannielle Wait Wagga Wagga Business Chamber
Ross Magno Department of Defence - RAAF
Geoff Breust Aviation Industry Participant
Jenny Cabot Aviation Industry Participant
Rob Gray Aviation Industry Participant
Peter Thompson Wagga Wagga City Council
Caroline Angel Wagga Wagga City Council
Darryl Woods Wagga Wagga City Council
Natalie Te Pohe Wagga Wagga City Council
Carolyn Rodney Wagga Wagga City Council
Leon Burger Wagga Wagga City Council
Carmel Hilton Wagga Wagga City Council
Acknowledgement Of Country
I would like to acknowledge the Wiradjuri people who are the Traditional Custodians of this Land. I would also like to pay respect to the Elders both past and present of the Wiradjuri Nation and extend that respect to other Community members present.
Josh Dorey Qantaslink
Iain Carty Department of Defence – RAAF
Chris Cabot Aviation Industry Participant
Mark Wallace Aviation Industry Participant
Confirmation of Minutes
CM-1 Airport Advisory Committee - meeting held 4 October 2017
On the Motion of Jenny Cabot and Warwick Lodge
That the Minutes of the proceedings of the Airport Advisory Committee Meeting held on 08 March 2018 be confirmed as a true and accurate record.
Declarations Of Interest
No Declaration of Interest received
RP-1 Contractual arrangements with AVDATA
On the Motion of Warrick Lodge and Dannielle Wait
That the Committee note the contents of this report.
- Is there a more rational way of charging aviation fees without using Avdata?
- If there is a more logical solution Council would be open to discussion.
On the Motion of Warrick Lodge and Dannielle Wait
That the Committee note the contents of the report
Depreciation of Assets and Asset Valuations
Warrick Lodge and Geoff Breust
- Discussion on the depreciation schedule and the revaluation of the assets for the purpose of depreciation.
- Please include the Australian Accounting Standards (mentioned by Carolyn Rodney) for the next meeting and an explanation of Fit For The Future
- A six month read out would be valuable
- Can benchmarking be carried out after the review?
- Re-balancing of charges – GA Vs. RPT (from a recovery point of view)
- All components of the review have been approved by the Auditors
- Revaluation of all Council assets is undertaken every 5 years
- Council is not recovering the full rate of depreciation in the fees and charges
- There is a push for accurate valuations of Council assets due to many being undervalued in the past
- There is push for Councils to move away from private auditors, higher push for scrutiny
- The questions of asset valuation and depreciation will be addressed in the Airport Review that we would hope to have completed in 6 months.
6:28pm Rob Gray entered the meeting
- Re-seal of Don Kendell Drive and line marking, why is this under the Airport Budget rather than Council public roads?
Leon Burger/Carolyn Rodney:
- Don Kendell Drive is not a Gazetted road and zoning is based on who has control over the asset (Crown Head Lease)
Taxiway Upgrade Project
The meeting had a lengthy discussion on the taxiway upgrade project. Council advised that the taxiway upgrade project was a 100% funded NSW Government grant and the decision was imminent in redirecting funding from the terminal upgrade to enable the taxiway upgrade to allow code 3C aircraft project to progress.
The meeting discussed if the upgrade could still occur, to upgrade the taxiway to its current classification rather than upgrading to Code 3C aircraft.
Council advised that the project was a fully Government funded upgrade. Funding would be forfeited if Council does a reseal only, rather than a full upgrade, and also the risk of potential of reputational damage.
- If the reallocation of funds is not approved, will the committee re-evaluate the project?
Lighting Upgrade Project
The current system is old and parts are no longer readily available. Constant deterioration in the system, it is getting harder and harder to access parts as the manufacturer no longer exists and we are seeking spares from multiple suppliers and second hand parts.
Car Park Equipment Upgrade
The meeting asked for an explanation of the equipment upgrade. Faults are occurring if the system goes offline (payments can’t be processed, boom gates don’t open)
Faults aren’t causing substantial losses to Car Park revenue
Council confirmed the Terminal was designed. It was noted that the Federal Government is still to release the findings and recommendations of its review of Airport Security, which could have an impact on the terminal layout.
- Would like clarification re Bay 4, report states no failure
- Is Council confident that the works are ok?
- The surface isn’t as good as we’d hoped. The rolling being conducted by the contractor is at no additional cost to Council
- Airport Bays are fully utilised. In order to consider other repair techniques the committee needs to consider taking back Bay 1A to allow space on the Aircraft Bays to undertake longer term repair methodologies.
- Business Case – what effect will the PFAS investigation have on the requisition?
- What risk is Council taking on?
- Defence understands and appreciated the risk involved for Council
- Will this be part of the budget still?
- Funds will remain in reserve
Internal Administration Costs
- Please provide information in regards to the internal admin costs. What are the exact costs within the $285,568? More detail is required.
8:05pm Ross Magno exited the meeting
- What measures are in place/benchmarking?
- Council will provide a breakdown
- Details will be collated and discussed at the next meeting
- Are interest rates fixed?
- Yes. This provides clarity for budgeting purposes
QUESTIONS/BUSINESS WITH NOTICE
1. Elton Passini:
Can we plan for the Committee to hold a specific session to align objectives?
Peter Thompson - A date will be set for this session
THIS COMPLETED THE BUSINESS OF THE AIRPORT ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING WHICH ROSE AT 8.30pm.