Councillor Dan Hayes Council
Mr Elton Passini Qantaslink
Mr Warrick Lodge Regional Express
Mr Iain Carty Department of Defence - RAAF
Mr Geoff Breust Aviation Industry Participant
Mrs Jenny Cabot Aviation Industry Participant
Director Commercial Operations Caroline Angel
Director Finance Natalie Te Pohe
Manager Council Businesses Darryl Woods
Manager Finance Carolyn Rodney
Manager Airport Leon Burger
Minute Taker Maree Ingram
The meeting of the Airport Advisory Committee commenced at 6.00pm.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNTRY
I would like to Acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of this Land, on which this meeting takes place and to pay my respects to Elders past and present of the Wiradjuri Nation and extend that respect to other Community members present.
Councillor Kerry Pascoe Council
Mr Peter Thompson General Manager
Mrs Dannielle Wait Wagga Wagga Business Chamber
Mr Rob Gray Aviation Industry Participant
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
On the Motion of Councillor D Hayes and J Cabot
That the Minutes of the proceedings of the Airport Advisory Committee Meeting held on 27 March 2018 be confirmed as a true and accurate record.
Declarations Of Interest
No Declaration of Interest Received
REPORTS FROM STAFF
On the Motion of W Lodge and C Cabot
That the Committee:
a note the contents of this report
b note Council’s role and responsibilities in the protection of airspace under the National Airports Safeguarding Framework
c note Council’s duty of care to minimise aviation related noise pollution over noise sensitive areas
d consider the options detailed in the body of this report, and provide feedback to Council by the 30 May 2018, in preparation for a report be presented to Council recommending an option
The committee held a discussion on the information provided in RP-1 PROTECTION OF AIRSPACE - AVIATION NOISE SENSITIVE AREAS. Areas discussed included:
· Doubt raised regarding the current circuits depicted on the map as opinions are that the circuits go a lot further to the north of Forest Hill than is what is depicted and therefore aircraft are well clear of Brunslea Park.
· Concerns raised in respect to the impact on operators if aircraft circuits are to be changed from left hand to right hand as this may increase risks
· Committee were advised that the CASA - Safety Assurance Branch undertook an evaluation and provided a report. Committee members requested a copy of the report. Council will provide to members.
· Is the 30 May 2018 report to Council deadline negotiable?
Ø Response - The timeframe can be assessed based on reasonable grounds. The date is flexible however the Committee are encouraged to provide comprehensive feedback.
· REX tabled initial feedback during the discussion in respect to point d of the recommendation. It was agreed to include the feedback as part of the minutes of the meeting. This document is attached to the end of the minutes.
QUESTIONS/BUSINESS WITH NOTICE
The following Questions with notice were raised at the meeting:
QWN-1 Grant Funding Update
Can an update be provided to the committee on the status of grant funding for the airport projects.
BWN-1 Scope of Airport Review
Council staff to email draft review principles to Committee members for review prior to the June Committee meeting.
BWN-2 Frequency of Committee Meetings
To be decided at the June Committee meeting.
BWN-3 Public Exhibited Fees and Charges
Will be sent out of session to all members.
On the Motion of D Hayes and W Lodge
That the Airport Advisory Committee now resolve itself into a Closed meeting, the time being 7.00pm.
On the Motion of W Lodge and C Cabot
That the Committee note the information provided in the report.
Reversion to open COMMITTEE
On the Motion of D Hayes and C Cabot
That this meeting of the Closed Airport Advisory Committee revert to an open meeting, the time being
The Airport Advisory Committee rose at 8.30pm.